Let’s be honest. I am not a fan of the cold. Sure, sure I enjoy a good snowstorm, and I don’t mind sipping on a hot chocolate or two around the holidays, but daily frigid temperatures? Not my cup of tea. Why do I dislike the cold so much? For a couple of reasons:
1. It takes so long to get ready to go outside! Thick socks, warm boots, hat, scarf, gloves, and puffy coat. I miss the days of flip flops and maybe a light sweater.
2. Dry skin. The cracks on my hands are starting to look reminiscent of the Grand Canyon.
3. I have cabin fever from being stuck inside.
4. I have to worry about freezing pipes and whether or not my car will start in the morning.
5. It is just COLD
The worst part is…the list does not even end there. I have one more thing to add:
6. The heating bill climbs up like Mt. Everest
These national frigid temperatures have meant much higher heating bills for many people. The question is, since spring does not seem to be coming any time soon, what can we do about it? Though there are tips for saving money on heating, one of the most important things you can do is have a furnace inspection.
Why? Furnace inspections ensure that your furnace is operating properly at its optimum level. If there is something wrong with your furnace, it may still be heating your home, but it could be doing that very inefficiently, which will cost you a mint. A furnace inspection will help to uncover any of these issues that you might not have even noticed were affecting your bill.
For what is included in a furnace inspection..read more... or contact AB May!