Hiring a plumber is an important decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly by homeowners. Since a plumbing system is one that is relied on daily, it’s important to ensure that you have a reliable, trusted and skilled plumber working on the one in your home. Failure to hire a high-quality or experienced plumber can lead to costly and dangerous repairs in the future. Here are some things to consider when hiring a plumber:
1. Do they have a license? Most states require plumbers to hold a license, so check to make sure that your plumber is licensed and if there are any formal complaints made against the one you are considering.
2. Experience: Ask the plumber how long they have been in the business. A larger company will likely have plumbers with years of experience-- longevity in the business often means they have a good track record and produce quality work.
3. Pricing: It’s important to meet with your plumber ahead of time to schedule a consultation and discuss any issues you might be experiencing. There, you should receive an estimate and can then decide if you choose to work with that company or not. While everyone is interested in a fair price, be wary of working with a plumber that quotes you an extremely low price--this could mean they are cutting corners or using inferior parts.
4. All plumbers should stand behind their work. If a plumber refuses to make that promise to you, that’s a red flag and you should move on.
5. References: Having a recommendation from friends, family or past customers is always a great way to choose a plumber. It’s helpful to accurately gauge the quality of their work based on someone who has done business with them in the past.
Whatever your plumbing problem is, A.B. May has got you covered. For over 50 years, we have been providing quality plumbing service to the Kansas City area. Our certified, skilled plumbers will arrive in a clean white truck, fully stocked with parts, including water heaters, garbage disposals, and faucets. To request an estimate or schedule service, give us a call at 913-370-4898.