Today’s homes need more surge protection than ever before. Think about the number of electronics in your home. You probably have computers, entertainment systems, tablets, and phones–even your washer and dryer likely have circuit boards in them! All of these devices are vulnerable to power surges. Many families have a power strip or two for surge protection, but that may not keep your electronics safe. A storm, lightning strike, or even a small, random surge can destroy or damage electronics.
Why Whole Home Surge Protection?
- Almost every modern household owns valuable electronics or computer equipment.
- Appliances like ovens and washing machines also often have circuit boards.
- Surge protector strips offer limited protection. Also, they may wear out quickly without notice.
- Power surges during storms can cause major damage in less than a second.
- Running multiple appliances at the same time also creates frequent power fluctuations in your home. Over time, this damages your electronics.
Protecting your circuit board gives you broad coverage from both large and small surges. You can add a surge protector at any time, but it’s a good idea to consider one whenever you buy new appliances or upgrade your entertainment system. A remodel is also an excellent time to evaluate your electrical system.
When you call A.B. May, our licensed electricians take time to understand the unique traits of your home, and answer any questions you may have. We explain all of your options and offer upfront pricing so there won’t be any surprises. We are here to help. Give us a call today.