Geothermal Heating Services in Kansas City
Geothermal heat pumps are an energy-efficient, eco-friendly solution that delivers superior comfort and lower utility bills. They’re a safe, reliable heating and cooling option that will keep your home at the perfect temperature year-round.
The experts at A.B. May can install, maintain, repair, and replace the geothermal system you depend on season after season. We’re a top home service provider in Kansas City.
What Is Geothermal Heating & Cooling?
Geothermal systems use the energy stored underground to heat or cool your home. Because the temperature underground remains constant throughout the year, it’s possible to heat your home in winter and cool it down in the summer.
These systems use a heat pump to continuously transfer heat. In the winter, it pulls heat from the ground to heat your home. In the summer, it pulls heat from your home’s air and transfers it to the ground.
There are many types of geothermal systems. A.B. May can walk you through your options, help you determine what’s best for your property, and install your geothermal heating system properly.
Benefits of Geothermal Heating & Cooling
There are many benefits to choosing geothermal systems for your home, including:
- Energy efficiency: Geothermal systems are among the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems available.
- Lower utility bills: Because there is no fuel burned and minimal electricity required, geothermal systems utilize far less energy than other heating and cooling options.
- Reliability: Geothermal systems will provide consistent, reliable operation regardless of the weather.
- Lower maintenance: There are fewer moving components in geothermal heat pumps, which means lower maintenance requirements and repair costs.
- Longer life span: A well-designed and properly installed geothermal system can deliver 50+ years of reliable operation.
While geothermal systems are durable, they aren’t immune from damage caused by age, weather, or wear and tear. Common issues include improper ground loop pressure, leaking gaskets, malfunctioning heat pumps, and dirty air filters.
If you notice any of the following, we recommend scheduling a service appointment with our geothermal heat pump specialists:
- Insufficient airflow
- Failure to cool or heat the home
- Odd noises or odors
- Inconsistent heating or cooling
- Water leaks
It’s important to schedule annual maintenance for your geothermal heating and cooling system. This ensures all components are in good condition, refrigerant levels are optimal, and the system is calibrated properly.
Our geothermal heat pump technicians can perform a full range of maintenance services, including:
- Inspecting and cleaning coils and filters
- Confirming proper flow rate
- Inspecting and cleaning drain pan and traps
- Calculating heat extraction and rejection
- Testing electrical components
Choose A.B. May for Geothermal HVAC Services in Kansas City
At A.B. May, we answer the phones 24 hours a day to ensure you always receive the prompt recommendations and service you need. For more than 60 years, our family-run business has proudly served the community. We stand by our Do the Right Thing Guarantee with every installation, repair, or replacement job!
We’re Kansas City’s Heating, AC, Plumbing, Drain, Electrical & Appliance Experts, so you can always count on us to provide expert advice, cost-saving special offers, solid recommendations, home warranties and service plans, and exceptional workmanship.
Service Award-Winning Service
Kansas City Area We serve a 50-mile radius around the Kansas City area, including the following cities:
Blue Springs | Brookside | De Soto | Fairway Parkville | Independence | Lee’s Summit Kansas City | Lake Quivira | Leawood | Liberty Merriam | Mission | Mission Hills | Waldo Olathe | Overland Park | Plaza | Prairie Village Gardner | Raytown | Roeland Park | Shawnee Spring Hill | Stilwell | Lenexa | Westwood